Managing a Censys Team in Exposure Management
Access Team and Member Management
Team management is not available through our API. Log into the Censys web app.
- Open the user menu in the upper right of the page and click My Account. Navigate to the Team tab on the page.
This page shows a list of your team members, whose role is either team member or admin.
- Team members can view their full team, but cannot make any changes.
- Team admins can update the team details and manage members of the team.
Managing your Team Members
Invite a New Member
Team admins can invite people to join the team as a member.
- To invite someone to join your team, scroll to the bottom of the page to the Invite a User section. Type the email address of the user to invite in the text box, and click Invite.
- After they accept the invitation, the new user is part of your team and you can manage them like other team members.
Note: Invitations expire after a few days. If the invitation is not accepted within its validity period, you need to generate a new invitation.
Note: If the member you are trying to invite has an existing Censys account, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to add them to your team.
Troubleshoot a Login IssueIf you or person you invited to your team is having difficulty with the email verification or you're seeing errors related to a retry flow or invalid token, visit the Recover Account page:
Change a User’s Role
Admins can be changed to members, and members can be changed to admins. There is no limit on the number of admins a team can have.
To change someone’s role, scroll to the Team Members area and click the Options menu.
Demote an Admin
Remove a Member
A member who is removed from a team retains their Censys account and can query Censys with a free account.
To remove someone from the team, scroll to their name in the Team Members table and click Remove from team. Users with an admin role cannot be removed. If you need to remove an admin user, demote them and then remove them.